WhatsApp Template Messages is a predefined message that you can use multiple times to connect with your audience once they've opted-in to receive a message from you. To send these templates to users, businesses need to get approval from WhatsApp.
Usually, it takes between 1 minute to 24 hours for WhatsApp template messages to be approved.
WhatsApp Template Messages can be in formats like Text, Image, File, or Video. Every format must include Text, which is necessary. This means sending only Images, Files, or Videos as Template Messages is not allowed.
How to submit a New WhatsApp Template Message?
Step 1- Navigate to the 'Templates' section on your Anantya.ai Panel. click on the “Add Template Message” button on the top right corner.
Step 2- Customize the Template Message
You can start creating a template from scratch or You can also choose a pre-approved Template message and submit it for approval.
Fill all the fields and the format of the input text to create a new template–
1. Begin by choosing the communication channel.
2. Select the appropriate template category.
WhatsApp Template Messages offer various categories to suit different usage scenarios.
Utility: Messages oriented towards transaction confirmations, cancellations, or subscriptions.
Authentication: Messages containing one-time passwords (OTPs) and login codes for user verification.
Marketing: Messages encompassing a business's products and services promotion, excluding transaction-related content.
3. You have the option to select the language for your WhatsApp template message from a wide range of global languages and vernacular options. Please note that you can only choose a single language for each template message.
4. Provide a name for your template. Ensure that the Template Name matches the Template Label. Make a few adjustments, such as starting with a lowercase letter and replacing spaces with underscores. For instance, use names like 'account_update', 'otp_verification', etc.
5. Add a title or choose the type of media you want for the header. This sets the kind of WhatsApp template message you're sending, like TEXT, IMAGE, VIDEO, or FILE.
Remember, you can't just send images alone. You need to include text with images, videos, or files.
After your template is approved, you'll need to attach a relevant media file when you send it to users. The example media file is for approval and to show WhatsApp what kind of media your business will send.
Remember, the media file has to come with some text. You can't only send Images, Files, or Videos. TEXT is a must because WhatsApp's approval depends on the text.
6. Write down the template message that you plan to send to users once it's approved by WhatsApp in the text box.
FORMAT – The template message should not be more than 1024 characters.
7. Add a short line of text to the bottom of your message template.
8. Create buttons that let customers respond to your message or take action
If there are no interactive actions needed, just select 'None'. You can choose to add either 'CTAs' or 'Quick Replies' to a WhatsApp Template Message, but you can't have both within a single Template Message.
Call to Actions: There are two types of Call to Action buttons - URL and Phone Number. A template message can contain a URL, a Phone Number, or both a URL and a Phone Number as CTAs. However, you cannot include two CTAs of the same type within a single template message.
Quick Replies: These buttons enable interactive actions for user responses. When a user clicks on these buttons, the button text becomes the user's message.
A template message can include up to 3 Quick Replies (as limited by Facebook), each with a maximum of 20 characters.
WhatsApp template messages featuring Quick Reply buttons are useful for gathering feedback from customers or allowing them to choose between provided options.
Step 3- Submit Template Message for Approval
Usually, WhatsApp Template Messages are approved within a time frame of 1 minute to 24 hours!
Upon submitting the Template Message, it goes directly to WhatsApp for approval, and its status changes to IN-REVIEW.
If the Template Message adheres to WhatsApp's policies and rules, it receives an APPROVED status; otherwise, it is REJECTED.